Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard and FileMaker Pro 7

My mom is running FM7 on an Intel iMac with Snow Leopard.

There are two user accounts on the computer. FM7 works on one and not the other.

(I know -- she should upgrade to 11 but she's 89, on fixed income, and does not want to spend the money.)

Any idea why it would work on one user account and not the other?

Is FM 7 supposed to be compatible with SL? (I know I had to go from 8.5 to 10 and now 11, because 8.5 was not fully compatible with SL.)

Thanks.

sjh

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 9:47 PM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2011 1:54 PM in response to Stephen J. Herzberg

I don't know about "fully compatable", but FileMaker 7 Developer will run and can open databases on Snow Leopard, so I'd expect the regular version would be fine as well. It's PPC not Universal so you'll need Rosetta, of course. No problem using it with multiple accounts.

When you say it doesn't work with one account, what do you mean exactly? What happens when you try to open the application with that account?

Jun 3, 2011 2:04 PM in response to anothersmurf

Thanks for the response.

When she logs into user account #1 and tries to open FM7, it does not open -- starts to and quits, what I would call a crash.

When she logs into user account #2, it opens, works and even prints a FM document (no need to go to .pdf), which, for most purposes means it is working fine.

So, same computer, same operating system, different user accounts -- but there is absolutely no difference between the user accounts in terms of software installed and available -- it has all been loaded to the computer not a user account.

Thanks, again,

sjh

Jun 3, 2011 2:14 PM in response to Stephen J. Herzberg

Here's what I'd try:

1)For account #1, delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.filemaker.pro7.plist and ~/Library/FileMaker Preferences/FileMaker Pro 7.0 Prefs, then try opening FileMaker 7 again.

2)If that doesn't work, try creating a new account (account #3) and see if FileMaker 7 will open for that freshly-created account. (That'll tell us whether the problem is specific to something about account #1.)

Snow Leopard and FileMaker Pro 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.