Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy and Paste addresses inside Mail

When I copy an email address inside a Mail doc, it not only copies the email but also copies their name and other random information. I know that in previous versions of Mail it would only copy the email address, how can I have it revert to this?

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Aug 15, 2011 6:40 AM in response to CT

Hello,

I'm highly interested in the exact opposite function 🙂.

Let us say I have an entry within my Address Book which has the following fields:

First :     Howard
Last : Liebner
E-mail : hal@andromeda.space

When I copy this E-mail address within Address Book and paste it wherever I need it, for example within Mail, I only get:

hal@andromeda.space

which isn't sufficient to get an E-mail with a decent To: header field (one with real persons firstname and lastname).

What I would like to get is:

Howard Liebner

which will display in any modern E-mail software (for example again Mail) as:

Howard Liebner

Please note that for decency I gave here an example which isn't too "rude".

In real life I have to deal with E-mail addresses where the technical part, the one between

'<' and '>' range from completely stupid to rude (I trust your imagination to be able

to see what I mean, since everyone has to deal with such communication problems).

How may I systematicaly copy a complete E-mail address from Adress Book?

--------
The number of students and engineers desperately looking for paper to make
graphics tells the size of the missing keystone of the software empire.
--
dan

Copy and Paste addresses inside Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.