Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inserting a PDF in Excel

I will have a 3 page PDF and after it is inserted into Excel you can only view page 1. It looks like it is taking it as a picture insert rather than a multi-page pdf. At this point the only way I have been able to do it is to send it to a co-worker with a pc have them insert it and send it back to me.

Please HELP

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Office for Mac

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 6:58 AM

4 replies

Jun 8, 2011 1:39 PM in response to fredfromyukon

Thank you for the input Bob, but thats not what I need to happen. What I am trying to do is insert a PDF file to a Excel spreadsheet, what it is doing is inserting it like a picture. I need to be able to insert a multi page PDF document into excel and email it, when my associates click on the PDF they need to be able to scroll through all the pages.

There are 4 mac users having the same problem, what we are having to do is load the pdf files on a jump drive, email the spreadsheet to a PC user so they can insert it correctly.

any fix for this would be so helpful

thank you

Jun 8, 2011 2:23 PM in response to fredfromyukon

There are a number of differences between Office for Mac and Office for Windows and it's clear you've bumped into one of them.

Here's a thought but I don't know if it will work The free office package Open Office (there's find Mac implementation of it called NeoOffice) will read and write Excel spreadsheets. Maybe if you create a spreadsheet in NeoOffice you can load the spreadsheet into and save it as an Excel file.

Alternatively, but far less conveniently, you could use Virtual Box to create a virtual machine, install Windows on the virtual machine and then install Office in the virtual Windows. I have done this in the past and I know that it works. It's a little more convenient than using Boot Camp to run Windows, because the virtual machine doesn't require you to close down OS X, so you can have the Windows and OS X running side by side on the same machine.

Bob

Inserting a PDF in Excel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.