Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhoto 11 - Moving pictures

I am unable to move pictures around in a file. The events move but unable to select pictures and move in the same file. Please assist.

Thanks,

Don

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 8:14 AM

11 replies

Jun 2, 2011 9:29 AM in response to Zimmer1956

Please describe what you want to do

files have no meaning within iPhoto you have folders, albums, events and photos - no files

you can sort events manually (iPhoto '11) but you can not sort photos manually within an event - events are a very basic organization and are usually best left in their default date/time sort

For fine organization use albums - there you can manually sort and can nest using folders and albums - folders hold other folders or albums - albums hold photos

LN

Jun 2, 2011 11:54 AM in response to Zimmer1956

So when trying to organize photos in an event, it can not be moved around within that event manually?

Correct - Previous answer

you can sort events manually (iPhoto '11) but you can not sort photos manually within an event

What if I take the pictures from the event pr photos folder and create album - will I be able to arrange them manually?

Correct - Previous answer

For fine organization use albums - there you can manually sort

LN

Dec 6, 2012 11:01 AM in response to LarryHN

Hi LarryHN,

i'm sorry i dont get this at all..

i had a version of iphot 9 i think, and i used to be able to move my photos around easily when in PHOTO, now that i've up graded to iphoto 11, i can't seem to be able to do this, and i can't chage the settings to manual. i dont want to use the EVENTS thing and i use alms for other more specified purposes. i want to be able to order and organise all of my photo the way i want to in PHOTO, how can i do this? it's really bugging me.. everything is every where.. not good!

Dec 6, 2012 11:11 AM in response to reuter.ignotus

And I don't get your "question" if there is one there

What you "want" to do is not critical if that is not supported by iPhoto - you can choose to use iPhoto or not - if you choose to use it then it works like it works and what you "want" has nothing to do with that

the general answer is

Please describe what you want to do

files have no meaning within iPhoto you have folders, albums, events and photos - no files

you can sort events manually (iPhoto '11) but you can not sort photos manually within an event - events are a very basic organization and are usually best left in their default date/time sort

For fine organization use albums - there you can manually sort and can nest using folders and albums - folders hold other folders or albums - albums hold photos

LN

Dec 6, 2012 11:30 AM in response to LarryHN

dude i'm using a mac..

and have always used iphoto - in iphoto 9, the main photo page User uploaded file

highlighted, you could just selected a photo and then drag it to a new position in PHOTO, but with iphoto 11 i cant seem to be able to do it. for me it is critical and it has previously been supported by iphoto, so i dont see why they would take such a basic feature away. how can i move my photos around on this page, and put them into my own oder, without putting them into event or albums - how can i group allmy art photos together and put thouse pictures into a particular order.

i just want to be able to move my photos around freely.

IPhoto 11 - Moving pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.