Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Once I accept a calendar invite on my iPhone, I cannot delete or otherwise modify it. Even when it is updated or deleted by the invitor, it does not change on my iPhone. Is there a fix for this?

Once I accept a calendar invite on my iPhone, I cannot delete or otherwise modify it. Even when it is updated or deleted by the invitor, it does not change on my iPhone.

iPhone 4, Calendar won't respond

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 1:32 PM

2 replies

Sep 6, 2011 5:34 PM in response to warrenfromnorth potomac

My husband and I both have iphone 4's and we both have this same problem. I have an open ticket with apple, but so far they haven't been able to figure this out. First, they told me the problem was the mail server I was using. So, I tried sending/receiving invites from gmail and yahoo which they told me should work. Neither did. It doesn't matter whether the original invite was created in iCal or in Outlook or Google, once I open the invite in my mail and hit "add to calendar" the event is locked into my calendar. If the originator sends an update or cancels the meeting, I will receive an email with the new info, but the event doesn't change in my iphone calendar. This is completely lame. Why bother putting a calendar app on the phone if it can't handle basic functions?

Did you ever get a response from anyone or figure out a workaround? I'll post if I hear back from Apple with a fix.

Nov 16, 2011 8:22 AM in response to CestSimone

Thank you for posting this. I have the exact same problem and have been searching on line for days with no luck finding an answer to this problem. It seems ridiculous to have the option of accepting apt's without being able to modify them or delete them once they are in your calendar. Just not practical!!

Please re-post if/when you get a response from Apple. Much appreciate.

Once I accept a calendar invite on my iPhone, I cannot delete or otherwise modify it. Even when it is updated or deleted by the invitor, it does not change on my iPhone. Is there a fix for this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.