Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send outgoing mail from gmail account

Using Mail 4.5, I'm having trouble with my outgoing mail on my gmail account on my Mac. I can receive mail to this account, just not send. I can send and receive to/from my other email accounts. But mail sent from my gmail account just sits there in the Outbox while the wheel next to the Sent folder spins and spins and spins. I can send from this account using my iPhone, so apparently it's an issue with my Mac here at work.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it at all, but today I did install the latest Apple Security Update.

3GHz Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 12GB RAM

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 4:23 PM

6 replies

Jun 4, 2011 8:04 AM in response to Raymond Fox

How is the SMTP server set up for that account, particularly the settings under the Advanced tab? Try Mail's menu option Window > Connection Doctor to see if that shows you anything useful. Once you've identified the SMTP details for that account, you might check with the system administrators at your work to see if they're doing anything with filtering, etc.

Can't send outgoing mail from gmail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.