Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Bottom Case Replacement Program

do you have to give your old case back to them after you get the new one? And do you still have to pay for it if your warranty expired?

MacBook

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 10:11 PM

Greetings,

Details of the program are here: http://www.apple.com/support/macbook-bottomcase/

You give the old case back once you receive the replacement.

This program covers affected MacBooks for two years from original purchase date. If you are beyond the 2 year mark you pay for the replacement bottom case.

Cheers.

19 replies

Jun 2, 2011 10:34 PM in response to qaxerm

The replacement should have come with a pamphlet with all the details.

TMK the only item that needs to be returned is the case itself.

If the case has been destroyed (broken in half) that might not be ok. If you provided a credit card to receive the replacement part you probobly would be charged for that level of damage.

If you are unsure, and the documentation that came with the replacement part doesn't answer your question, give Apple a call:

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

Jun 3, 2011 12:13 AM in response to qaxerm

The age is within the 2 years specified on the web page.

Dirty and scratched isn't a big deal IMO since its the bottom of a computer which sees a fair amount of action.

The entire point of the program is the rubber coming off the bottom so if you don't actually have that issue...why did you order a replacement bottom case...it sounds like you don't have any issues with the one you had in the first place beyond some scratches.

If you send them a bottom case that does not have the issue which the program is intended to cover they might charge you if you gave them a credit card seeing as how you would be getting a replacement case for no reason.

If you have decided that you are not going to use the replacement bottom case, just send them back what they sent you.

Apr 1, 2015 2:17 PM in response to qaxerm

I'm really messed up, after spending over 40 minutes on the phone, I'm referred to a supervisor who tells me that I am a few months past the time of covered for the free macbook bottom case replacement program. I did buy this stupid laptop in 2010, in anycase they should replace it. It's their mistake and their defect. I as a consumer, trusted and spent my hard earned money on this peice of crap. I'm done with all Apple products.

<Edited by Host>

MacBook Bottom Case Replacement Program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.