Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There was an error opening the database for the library

I can't open my aperture library:"There was an error opening the database for the library": what I can do? I've tried to reinstall aperture, I've also tried to use TM but nothing, I can't open aperture...Help me please!!!!

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 11:07 PM

8 replies

Aug 5, 2011 8:58 AM in response to mollialba

For me none of the posted "solutions" worked.

I tried the Option+Command+click on either the Aperture program app or the Aperture library in Finder...did not work.

I tried deleting ~/Library/Preferences... did not work. This was probably the "standard" Apple tech solution.

The solution for me was to Option+click the Aperture program to launch it and Create a NEW empty library.

Then simply IMPORT the corrupted library, in order to recover my photos.

I saw a status message saying "Upgrading Library: scanning library" and lots of CPU activity for a few hours on a 36 GB library.

Several error messages came up about re-publishing previously published galleries but I ignored them (since they were already published)

Not sure what gets lost but at least I got all my photos back.

Anthony Maw, Vancouver, Canada, www.anthonymaw.com

There was an error opening the database for the library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.