Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

japanese Keyboard Layout

Hey,

does anybody know if it is possible to change the japanese keyboard layout to a german layout so that you have f,g,h,j,k,l,ö,ä,# ?

Thanks for your answers 😉

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 3:30 AM

2 replies

May 28, 2013 8:21 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

I am a Maq user in Japan I and the Japanese use a Japanese keyboard that has roman and Hiragana symbols on the keyboard.

Go to menu bar -Open language and text preferences - input sources make sure ,keyboard and character viewer あQotoeri (sub menu ) ARomaji , あHiragana , アqataqana ɷ ( no symbol available) Ainu Qotoeri preferences -operation -input style choose Qana Typing then choose Romaji Keyboard layout what language I choose Finnish.  

If you have US or Romaji language preferences and press Aち on Keyboard and then go to menu bar-menu tick あHiragana and type A ちit will be shown but Japanese set all their Qotoeri preferences to US or US international and Romaji Typing keys K  a  n  a renders to 仮名 I use Kana Typing か and な renders to 仮名 for me it is easier.

japanese Keyboard Layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.