Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ImageWriter LQ Ribbons

Someone asked me for a reliable source of ribbons for the ImageWriter LQ. I have to admit I have bought them from odd places and squirreled them away, so I do not have a reliable source.

A search with froogle (shopping -bot of google) turned up 14 hits, most of which were not useful:

froogle search for imagewriter LQ ribbon

All the links back to sellers on Amazon are dead, they have no product. A few sellers on eBay have individual ribbons. Iowa Computing and Supply Depot claim to have product. Several other vendors are mistakely claiming ribbons for the ImageWriter II, which takes a completely different ribbon. Cross referencing other mentioned ribbons and printers such as the C.ITOH 715 and Facit 3550 does not seem to produce any additional results.

A search for the part number A9G0335 (alone) turned up several pointers to "Ink Oasis", of which only this link appears to be relevant:

http://www.inkoasis.com/a9g0335com.html

If you have additional information, please add it to this thread so all can benefit!

G4/867,G3 B&W,G3 AIO,5500,Q840AV, Other OS, and 9.2, 10.3 and Server - LW IIg, LW 4/600, ATalk ImageWriter LQ

Posted on Jan 11, 2006 6:05 AM

4 replies

Jan 11, 2006 10:10 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I no longer use impact printers, but years ago I used to reink all of my ImageWriter ink cartridges. The result was a sharper image because the used ribbon had most of the "fuzz" worn off. The piece of equipment was a simple motor driven arrangement nearly identical to the one listed as "Standard Inker" at <http://scod.com/business/sasink/inkquip.htm>. A few drops of stamp pad ink on the pad on the machine, and letting it run for a couple of hours, around and around, then setting it aside until the next day, gave me better than new results. I had a stock of 4 or 5 cartridges that I reused for several years. I gave the reinker to a friend who still uses it for his ImageWriter.
This also keeps this plastic out of the landfill.

ImageWriter LQ Ribbons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.