Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kindle app will not open.is there a way to retrieve my books.

My kindle app will not open and I can not get to my books. Any suggestions as to where to go from here?

iPad

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 9:58 AM

Have you tried closing the Kindle app completely ? From the home screen double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of the Kindle app to close it, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar.

If that doesn't work then you could try a reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 seconds, after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Apart from you could try deleting and reinstalling the app, though you'll then need to re-download your Kindle books from Amazon.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2011 9:58 AM in response to patcriss

Have you tried closing the Kindle app completely ? From the home screen double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of the Kindle app to close it, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar.

If that doesn't work then you could try a reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 seconds, after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Apart from you could try deleting and reinstalling the app, though you'll then need to re-download your Kindle books from Amazon.

Kindle app will not open.is there a way to retrieve my books.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.