Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom with mouse wheel in Safari or Firefox

I'm a recovering Windows user trying to get used to my first Mac.

One of the features I use a lot on Windows is the ability to zoom by pressing ctrl and scrolling the mouse wheel. I've found that this doesn't appear to work in either Safari or Firefox in OSX. Am I missing something obvious?

I'm using a Logitech MX Revolution mouse.

Thanks!

Dave

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 1:22 AM

I'm in a similar position. I have had to move to Mac from Windows for work and the mouse-zoom omission is driving me mad. It's worst for me in Preview.

The thing is that it works in some applications, like Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (but not Flash) and Omnigraffle but is absent from the built-in Mac software. Considering Apple's almost mystical reputation for usability design, I find this absolutely incredible.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2011 1:22 AM in response to GuitarManDave

I'm in a similar position. I have had to move to Mac from Windows for work and the mouse-zoom omission is driving me mad. It's worst for me in Preview.

The thing is that it works in some applications, like Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (but not Flash) and Omnigraffle but is absent from the built-in Mac software. Considering Apple's almost mystical reputation for usability design, I find this absolutely incredible.

Jun 6, 2011 5:08 AM in response to D. Shamburger

I'm aware of the keyboard shortcut but this is fairly inconvenient. And I don't want to zoom the whole screen - I just want to zoom the current browser tab.

Surely there must be a way I can zoom without having to take my hand off the mouse? Considering how fundamental this is to Windows users I'm surprised there aren't more complaints about this.

Zoom with mouse wheel in Safari or Firefox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.