Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore music that has been permantely deleted from my computer back to iTunes?

My iTunes library folder got deleted from my computer along with 4000 songs. An iTunes library folder from 2 years ago is all that is left, which has only a third of my music. The library folder with everything was removed from the recycling bin.

All of the songs (6185 of them) are still on my iPod. Is there any way to do a reverse sync and move all of the songs (& apps) to iTunes and have it resaved on my computer?

iPod touch, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 5:22 PM

There is no official way, but Google might be able to help.

4 replies

Jun 3, 2011 8:20 PM in response to roaminggnome

Now, what if my home caught fire and all of my music was destroyed along with my back-ups? Are you going to tell me that I should have backed-up my back-ups?

I realize that Apple wants to avoid lawsuits from the illegal transfer of music, but I just want to fix my iTunes without having to worry about how I'm going to get music back from the CD's I no longer have without spending a ridiculous amount of money.

If you have any advice on that, I will be happy to listen. If not, have a lovely day.

Jun 4, 2011 6:02 AM in response to Pinkii

iTunes is designed to make it difficult to move songs from the iPod to the computer (except for your iTunes purchases). However, it is not impossible, although it does require the use of 3rd party software.

Reasearch a few options, such as this one or this one, and find one that works for you. Be very careful as you do it, because if automatic syncing begins, you will lose the contents of the iPod.

Also, I would strongly encourage you to make regular backups. For many people, losses due to fire will be covered by insurance, but losses due to accidental deletion are not.

How can I restore music that has been permantely deleted from my computer back to iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.