Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes pauses off and on.

You can see the pause and play button switch all on its own. I have changed nothing (no new apps or updates) nor added any hardware. Started last night out of the blue opened and started playing. Ever since it has been acting crazy. Any ideas on how to correct this?? This is very anoying!

This is iTunes 10.2.2 (12)

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 2.4GHz,4Gb ram, 320 GB hd

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 6:54 AM

Ditto - for the past few weeks, iTunes launches by itself, at seemingly random times, and sometimes it just keeps re-launching no matter how many times you close it. Today, it has started playing and pausing during songs - seemingly at random.

I've downloaded and reinstalled a fresh copy of iTunes and the problem persists. I've tried re-booting my iMac, not loading any software that might be triggering iTunes to open - and iTunes STILL launches out of the clear blue.

iTunes ver. 10.2.2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2011 6:54 AM in response to struggler_Ind.

Ditto - for the past few weeks, iTunes launches by itself, at seemingly random times, and sometimes it just keeps re-launching no matter how many times you close it. Today, it has started playing and pausing during songs - seemingly at random.

I've downloaded and reinstalled a fresh copy of iTunes and the problem persists. I've tried re-booting my iMac, not loading any software that might be triggering iTunes to open - and iTunes STILL launches out of the clear blue.

iTunes ver. 10.2.2

Jun 23, 2011 6:04 PM in response to struggler_Ind.

i've had the same problem, just started with my iTunes today. pausing and randomly opening randomly. But what i'm finding stranger, as my iPod just before this the past few days, has done the exact same thing, it's pausing songs and skipping through them, then changing tracks. up to date with all the new software and everything. strange thing about iTunes though, just done a software update the newest one just available, iTunes does this. hmmm....

iTunes pauses off and on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.