Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto quits while uploading photo book

I have put in an enormous effort to make a photo book for my girlfriend´s birthday, unfortunately iPhoto deciedes to quit while I am trying to upload the book and complete the purchase. I am given the message "iPhoto has quit unexpectedly ..."

All software is up to date.

Any suggestions to what might help?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 11:54 AM

Greetings,

This could be caused by a variety of factors.

What version of iPhoto are you running?

How much available space does your drive have?

Troubleshooting:

1.) Remove the following to the trash, restart the computer and then attempt to order:

Your User > Library > Preferences > com.apple.iphoto (there may be more than one, remove them all)

Your User > Library > Caches > com.apple.iphoto and / or just iphoto

2.) Safe Boot the computer, then restart normally and attempt to order: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455

3.) Font troubleshooting:

1. Open "Font Book"
  2. Click on "Computer"
  3. Go to Edit > "Disable Computer"
  4. Restart your computer
  5. Launch iPhoto and order the book
  6. Go back to "Font Book"
  7. Click on "Computer"
  8. Go to Edit > "Enable Computer"
  9. Restart your computer.

If that does not resolve the issue reply back.

Cheers!

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2011 11:54 AM in response to JorgenKS

Greetings,

Troubleshooting:

1.) Remove the following to the trash, restart the computer and then attempt to order:

Your User > Library > Preferences > com.apple.iphoto (there may be more than one, remove them all)

2.) Safe Boot the computer, then restart normally and attempt to order: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455

3.) Font troubleshooting:

1. Open "Font Book"
  2. Click on "Computer"
  3. Go to Edit > "Disable Computer"
  4. Restart your computer
  5. Launch iPhoto and order the book
  6. Go back to "Font Book"
  7. Click on "Computer"
  8. Go to Edit > "Enable Computer"
  9. Restart your computer.

Cheers!

Jun 9, 2011 6:09 PM in response to MadisonP

im having the same problem. I tried uploading almost 50 times already and sometimes it stops right at a certain page but sometimes it can finish that page and move on to the next, until it gets to another page which made my iPhoto quit unexpectedly... I have a 56 page book and the crashes seem to occur at the spread pages..?? but I'm not certain because it have had problem in other areas too. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I have a MacBook Pro and got it last Christmas.. so it is a relatively new computer. not sure if this has anything to do with not having enough RAM? thanks a lot!!

Jun 9, 2011 7:51 PM in response to kcyt822

Greetings,

Troubleshooting:

2.) Safe Boot the computer, and then attempt to order:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455.

--- If this works, restart your computer as normal once complete.

Cheers!

Jun 10, 2011 4:32 AM in response to MadisonP

Hello!!!! Just want to let you know i could order my photobook smoothly, at one go, right after I reset my macbook pro's PRAM -

Basically i called the customer service rep and they told me I should try

1) resetting my Mac's PRAM first (link below), if that doesn't work then try 2)

2) reinstalling iPhoto by moving uninstalling it and reinstalling iLife, if that still doesn't work then try 3)

3) the archive and install feature (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1710) but need to be careful with this one so read the details in the link provided.

😀 😀 😀

hope this helps everyone as i know a lot of people have issues with iphoto!!

iPhoto quits while uploading photo book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.