Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of "the email server didn't recognize your username/password combination" message. I probably entered wrong password now. How to reset share email.

Tried to send a few shots via iphoto's email share feature. May have entered wrong password when asked. Received message: "The email server didn't recognize your user name/password combination." I tried a reset by cancelling email and closing iphoto. Opened iphoto again and tried to send email same shots to a different email address. Received the same message: "The email server....." How can I reset the email share function?or Is there another way to solve this issue?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 11:13 AM

Greetings,

If you think you may have entered the email account information incorrectly:

1.) If you aren't 100% sure about the settings for your email account, contact whomever handles your email for you and get the following information:

• email address
  • outgoing email server address
  • outgoing email server port number
  • outgoing email server user name and password

2.) Go to iPhoto > Preferences > Accounts, click on the email account in question and then hit the "-" minus sign to delete it. You can then re-add it with the correct settings from your email provider.

Hope that helps!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2011 11:13 AM in response to SalvadorL

Greetings,

If you think you may have entered the email account information incorrectly:

1.) If you aren't 100% sure about the settings for your email account, contact whomever handles your email for you and get the following information:

• email address
  • outgoing email server address
  • outgoing email server port number
  • outgoing email server user name and password

2.) Go to iPhoto > Preferences > Accounts, click on the email account in question and then hit the "-" minus sign to delete it. You can then re-add it with the correct settings from your email provider.

Hope that helps!

How do I get rid of "the email server didn't recognize your username/password combination" message. I probably entered wrong password now. How to reset share email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.