Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal bug with month view

I primarily use week view on iCal, but sometimes i switch to month view for a larger perspective. Often, i use month view to check for any leftover events from the previous month in case i forgot to delete one or two.

I just found a bug concerning this. If i click on "month" today, it'll take me to the month view for june 2011, and from there i can navigate forwards or backwards. However, may 2011 seems to have a bug. If i click on < from june, it does nothing; if i click again, it takes me to april 2011. Similarly, if i click on > from april it does nothing and if i click again it takes me to june.

It doesn't end there. The june/may thing happens only when the selected day (the one shaded light grey on the month and week views and bright blue on the little month tab on the left) is after 04 june. If a day from the first week of june (i have my weeks start on sunday) is selected, the < button does take me to may, but several events which i deleted a long time ago are showing up.

Now, i have an event set for today (04 june). Since the first four days of june are in the same week as the last three of may, the month view for may shows these four days, as any normal calendar app would.

If i use the month tab to the left to navigate, i can access may 2011 by selecting any day on that month. However, iCal's behaviour depends on which day was selected previously. If the previous day was in april 2011 or earlier, iCal will show the month of may completely empty, which is great because i have no leftover appointments from may; however, the box for 04 june is also empty, which it shouldn't be. If the previous day was in june 2011, it'll show may with a repeating event on every sunday except the first, which is completely absurd, since i have deleted this event (and why isn't it showing on the first sunday in may?); the box for 04 june, however, will correctly show the event i have set for this day. If the previous day was in july 2011 or later, it'll show may with the repeating event on all sundays (including the first one) and it won't show anything on the box for 04 june.

Obviously, there is a bug with may 2011.

In case it helps, i do have a repeating event set to all sundays until the end of existence, but i have deleted all the entries from may and previously, since they have obviously already happened. Also, i had many other repeating events set to happen on different weekdays; these are to repeat themselves weekly until about halfway through june, and they started on april or may (can't remember right now). Like the sunday one, i have deleted all the entries from may because they have already taken place. Strangely (and thankfully), none of these appear when i visit may from june or later, as does the sunday event.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or am i forever stuck with week view, which has so far proven to be bug-free?

(I did a search on Google and another on the Apple forums for this issue but could find nothing, so i decided to ask the question myself. I apologise if somebody has already asked this question and i just couldn't find it.)

iCal-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iMac, i5 quad core 2.66GHz, 8GB RAM

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 11:43 AM

8 replies

Jun 4, 2011 12:32 PM in response to Lux Infinita

Greetings,

I have a vague recollection of someone else with this issue but haven't experienced it myself nor encountered it recently.

Troubleshooting:

1.) First make an iCal backup: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2966.

2.) Remove the following to the trash and restart your computer:

Home > Library > Caches > com.apple.ical and / or "ical"

Home > Library > Calendars > Calendar Cache, Cache, Cache 1, 2, 3, etc. (Do not remove Sync Cache or Theme Cache)

Home > Library > Preferences > com.apple.ical (There may be more than one of these. Remove them all.)

__NOTE: Removing these files will remove any shared (CalDAV) calendars you may have access to. You will have to re-add those calendars to iCal > Preferences > Accounts.

Once the computer is back up and running open iCal and test.

Hope that helps!

iCal bug with month view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.