Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add to or delete from wishlist

I am no longer able to add or delete items from my iTunes wishlist. I was able to delete items until a couple weeks or so ago. I think adding worked until a day or two ago. When I click the X next to a song that I want to delete, the row immediately disappears, then a second later the page refreshes itself with the row present again. When I attempt to add a song by clicking the drop down and "Add to Wishlist," the song is not added to my wishlist.

It looks like the removing might be partially working but very slow (a couple hours or more), because it seems when I came back the next day, there were less items on the wishlist then before. Maybe tomorrow the song I attempted to add will show up.

This is inconvenient because I have to keep separate lists of which songs I'm interested in, and I have to search for songs by title anytime I want to listen to their previews again.

Refreshing the page by clicking Wishlist by my name in the upper-right does not fix the problem. Signing out and signing back in also does not fix the problem.

iTunes 10.2.2 (12)-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 11:59 AM

17 replies

Jun 4, 2011 7:39 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I'm having the same problem as daniel, and it just started within the last few weeks, too. I tried your suggestion above, but it didn't change anything. Another very strange thing is that sometimes right clicking the "X" and then selecting "open link" will temporarily delete the song or album from the wishlist, but after navigating away from the wishlist and coming back, the deleted item is back!!! Crazy...

Jun 5, 2011 8:26 AM in response to danielfromboulder

This is making me crazy! I'm building a playlist for a party and I have 97 songs on my playlist, only 74 of which I want to buy. I can't hit "buy all" - AGGGGGHHHH. I sent a support request 48 hrs ago and haven't heard back.

Today, though, I was able to see all 97 songs, as of yesterday it only showed me 48 of them. At least all my "add to wishlist" work wasn't lost.

Jun 5, 2011 9:15 AM in response to danielfromboulder

Same problem here. Haven't shopped for anything on the iTunes Store in quite a while and when I finally do it doesn't work. I've been trying to remove things from my wishlist that I ended up buying elsewhere, and they disappear only to return a second later. Additionally, anything I've added to my wishlist in the past hour has not appeared. Truly frustrating.

Jun 6, 2011 10:53 AM in response to danielfromboulder

I'm having the same problem with My Wishlist as the other folks here. I have 4 apps in my wishlist but only 2 appear. When I try to delete from the wishlist, the app reappears in a couple of seconds. When I try to re-add the apps that do not appear on the list, I get a message saying they are already in my wishlist. I've tried logging out of my account, rebooting my PC, and clearing cache - all to no avail.

Jun 7, 2011 5:03 PM in response to danielfromboulder

Been having the exact same problems as you guys - wish list items (apps, music, audiobooks, etc) were taking a day to show up after being added to the wish list, and kept reappearing if I deleted them ( although they did disappear completely after a day).

Downloaded and installed the new version of iTunes (10.3) today and now the wish list seems to be working fine again.

I first installed iTunes about a week ago when I ordered my iPad2. Was loading up the wish list with all the apps etc I wanted to get when it arrived. At first everything was fine then after a few days got the same problems you guys have been getting.

New iTunes seems to be working fine so far - as long as it stays that way I will be happy.

J.

Can't add to or delete from wishlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.