Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Producer - Can't access server from outside of network.

Hello,

Nobody can access my podcast producer feeds from outside my local network.

I'm publishing and hosting content from my Mac Mini Server and I'm using a Time Capsule as my router.

Please help me figure out where the block might be... I can't seem to figure it out!!

Thanks,

Bryan

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 12:32 AM

6 replies

Jun 5, 2011 7:05 PM in response to bryanrham

You could configure the Mac Mini Server to be your network's DMZ. This would mean any incoming traffic would be routed to the server by default. This also means any service you have running on the server would be access-able from outside your local network. (unless you configure the server to do otherwise.)

1. Open AirPort Utility, select your base station, and choose Manual Setup from the Base Station menu, or double-click the base station to open the base station’s configuration in a separate window. Enter the base station password if necessary.

2. Click the Internet button, and then click NAT.

3 Select the “Enable Default Host at” checkbox. The default IP address is 10.0.1.253. I suggest you use that default!

4 Enter the same IP address on the host computer. Also on the host computer, enter the subnet mask (255.255.255.0), router (10.0.1.1), and the DNS server address(es) of your internet service provider.

If you've already set server to a static IP, you could configure the default host to be that IP instead of 10.0.1.253. If you do change the server IP address to 10.0.1.253, after words you would want to reboot the server. if you configured the server to have a FQDNS, you may need to update those settings as well.

-TT

Podcast Producer - Can't access server from outside of network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.