Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Screen Calibration?

Hi all,

My wife and I just received our new 64 gig iPads a week ago, and just love them. I'm a photographer, and was hoping to use the iPad to show clients my work. Unfortunately I have found the screen calibration to be very poor for any kind of serious work. Way over saturated colors, and gamma way off. My wife's exactly the same. Is there an app or anyway to calibrate the screen as you can on a computer. This is really a shame as it would be one of the reasons I bought it.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 10:42 AM

11 replies

Sep 14, 2017 10:58 AM in response to Jon Barry

Not everyone uses Adobe apps on iOS.

Other apps that will save color profile

Pixelmator

Polarr

Affinity Photo

To some level of color profile saving

Photos

Photogene4

(still only a 32 bit app, has not been updated in 3 years, but still pretty comprehensive image editing app. Will probably, no longer work when iOS 11 is released, but older 32 bit devices (iPad 2, 3, 4, 1st gen Mini and older iPhones/iPod Touches that run, at least, iOS 8 and users who won't upgrade to iOS 11 for awhile can still use this app! I was using this app for years until Pixelmator surfaced, and even after, and it's still a worthy image editor.)

I now use Pixelmator, Polarr & Affinity Photo (Polarr & Affinity Photo I use more now. Both are really good full Photoshop replacements on iOS).

Oct 19, 2012 1:53 AM in response to ckuan

I never said that iPhoto was anything but a great app it needs improved in a few places but all around i would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

What do you mean copy tablet crap? Microsoft came out with the Microsoft Tablet PC in 1999 running a licensed specific tablet enhanced version of its Microsoft Windows OS, when apple came out with the ipad in 2010. So wait a second... that means that the ipad is actually, according to your theory, " copy tablet crap" or are you referring to the fact that apple has a patent on rectangles with rounded corners? (I see that as a pathetic attempt to try and become a monopoly)

A little bit of friendly advise, stop now. I am most likely more educated in apple products and the os than you could ever think of being. There is no scenario in witch you will come out on top in an argument with me.

If you are going to be posting uneducated responses that are false, then all of your previous posts should be discredited and deleted along with your profile for this forum. I suggest that YOU go somewhere else and "troll"

Oct 19, 2012 2:14 AM in response to Feed up with apple

Feed up with apple wrote:

I never said that iPhoto was anything but a great app it needs improved in a few places but all around i would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

(really??? I thought the apple app was for android... Who knew)

Very smart.

What do you mean copy tablet crap? Microsoft came out with the Microsoft Tablet PC in 1999 running a licensed specific tablet enhanced version of its Microsoft Windows OS, when apple came out with the ipad in 2010. So wait a second... that means that the ipad is actually, according to your theory, " copy tablet crap" or are you referring to the fact that apple has a patent on rectangles with rounded corners? (I see that as a pathetic attempt to try and become a monopoly)

So you finally show your true self. A troll.

More iPads were sold in less than 6 months than MS tablet in 10 years! Must be crap that's why nobody's buying it except you.

Rectangle and rounded corners, ha, there you go. That's what Samsung trying to argue and got more than $1B fine. Isn't it wonderful lawyers like you?

Wait, you are more educated? Go fly a kite somewhere else. Anyway, I don't want you to hijack this thread. Start a new one, END OF LINE.

Oct 19, 2012 2:32 AM in response to ckuan

That is obviously what we in america call sarcasm :) also i have an ipad 2, imac, itouch, powermac, and macbook air... With an android phone. No microsoft products at all. Did you actually see the pattent or are you making false accusations again? The microsoft tablet was created in a day when they could not market as well as companies can today. You have to agree with that? Oh and the marketing that they did do was aimed more towards business. But, you would know that if you did any research at all instead of rambling about whatever comes to mind.

This thread is getting off topic. @ Tony DeLuca download iPhoto.

Ckuan, if you want to open another thread then do it and quit posting off topic on this one. The man is just trying to get his screen callibrated to do color sensitive work that the MS tablet had options for :D

Oct 19, 2012 2:37 AM in response to Tony DeLuca

In iPhoto you can adjust the gama, contrast, and all that other good stuff :D it does however crash sometimes and if your not using it make sure you kill the app by double pressing the home button and long pressing the app icon then touching the x. Its memory intensive and causes ipad to run slow... Well it did in ios 5.1.1. They may have fixed it since then.

Hope this helps you and sorry for getting off topic. I know you just asked a simple question.

iPad Screen Calibration?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.