Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to write a letter on my MacBook where do I go to write a simple letter and print it?

I want to write a letter on my MacBook with App do I use to do that? or do I have to purchase extra software?

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2013 8:46 AM

super frustrating I spent 2000 on a computer and it doesn't even have a place for creating documents, text edit is lousy and does not allow me to edit my resume or make a respectable cover letter

6 replies

Jun 5, 2011 12:26 PM in response to Ann inSinton

To write a simple letter you can use Text Edit which is included in your system. Text Edit should be shown under your applications folder. Just open it up and start writing! If you have any other questionsdon't hesitate to ask. Text Edit is a very basic word processor but it will do the job for you. If you want something more advanced, consider iWork of MS Office For Mac. They are both very worthy apps, but pricy and maybe more than you need. You can also consider downloading a program caled Bean which is a fairly good word processor as well. It is free. Just google "Bean" and download from he website.

I want to write a letter on my MacBook where do I go to write a simple letter and print it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.