Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can I get an external iSight repaired?

Does anyone know who can repair an older external iSight camera? I have 2 that are not working. Suspect it is from moisture on circuit board.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 3:59 PM

3 replies

Jun 6, 2011 12:20 PM in response to hotdingo

If you do not have Access to a Store or Authorised Service Centre then take a look at this page.

About two or three years ago when EZ Jim looked in to this it seemed that the cost of repair was more than the original cost of the External iSights.

Most USB Web cam replacements will need you to be running at least 10.4.9 for iChat to access the camera and have a USB 2.0 port on your Computer.

This is to take advantage of the UVC Driver (USB Video Class) included in the OS

USB 1.1 cameras are difficult to get hold of and would require Mac Drivers either from the manufacturer of the camera or a third party such as macam or IOXperts.
in addition to that you would also needthis Utility for iChat.

The Fire-i Firewire Web cam seems to be still on Sale. (Most others seem to have been discontinued).

User uploaded file
8:17 PM Monday; June 6, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.7)
 Mac OS X (10.6.7),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Message was edited by: Ralph Johns (UK) (please note English (UK) spellings)

Jun 11, 2011 11:53 AM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

Hi,

Update to the Service Link

Use this one for iSight Service (Thanks EZ Jim for the email)

User uploaded file
7:53 PM Saturday; June 11, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.7)
 Mac OS X (10.6.7),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

where can I get an external iSight repaired?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.