Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need footers to be left and right justified

Sorry, folks. I'm pretty sure this topic must be addressed somewhere in these forums, but I can't find it to save my life . . . so I ask:

How do I make my footers (or headers, whatever) align to the left or right based on facing pages?

FWIW, I've already set "Left and right pages are different" in the Section inspector. Changing the alignment of either footer changes the alignments of all footers.

Thanks in advance for the help.

CA

PS If you respond with a link to where this is already being discussed elsewhere (which is fine), please let me know what search terms you used to find that topic. I'm b

Pages '09-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 6:37 AM

You are a lucky guy, I don't remember such a question 😉

User uploaded file

I didn't inserted section breaks in the document. Just page breaks because I am too lazy to fill pages for tests.

four pages appear with the footer on the left and the four others have their footer on the right.

I guess that is the way the app is designed to behave.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) lundi 6 juin 2011 15:33:25

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.7

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

To be the AW6 successor, iWork MUST integrate a TRUE DB, not a list organizer !

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2011 6:37 AM in response to Folklorist

You are a lucky guy, I don't remember such a question 😉

User uploaded file

I didn't inserted section breaks in the document. Just page breaks because I am too lazy to fill pages for tests.

four pages appear with the footer on the left and the four others have their footer on the right.

I guess that is the way the app is designed to behave.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) lundi 6 juin 2011 15:33:25

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

Jun 6, 2011 6:43 AM in response to KOENIG Yvan

Thanks for responding. What you say must work, and I can see that adding page breaks could force certain layout functions to set or reset.

I actually solved my own problem more easily and I feel sort of silly for missing it. In the Section inspector, I had selected Left and right pages are different but I had not deselected Use previous headers and footers.

Once I deselected that option, I was able to construct different footers for right and left pages (and with different alignments).

Jun 6, 2011 9:39 AM in response to fruhulda

Hi fruhulda

I saw nothing in the question saying that the wanted footers were restricted to page numbering.

In fact, I'm quite sure that they aren't.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) lundi 6 juin 2011 18:38:56

Apr 1, 2014 7:12 AM in response to Folklorist

I stumbled on an answer to this question. It includes page numbers so I might not work in all situations.

First: Add page numbers into the footer by clicking on the button that appears when you float over the footer.

Second: Right justify the numbers

Third: Type what you would like to be left justified just to the left of the page numbers and when you're done, hit Tab.

The text you just typed will jump to the left and be left justified with the "Tab" as the separator between left and right justified text.

Hope that works for everybody.

Pages version 5.1

Need footers to be left and right justified

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.