Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP I accidently restored an old version of iphoto (06)

HELP Was using iPhoto 09, but I accidently restored an old version of iphoto (06) and now have lost 10,000 photos!! I have Time Machine plugged in but it is not restoring my precious photos just the poxy 40 that came with the 06 restore. Can anyone help PLEASE?

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 11:27 AM

1 reply

Jun 6, 2011 11:42 AM in response to SSmith1066

Did you restore the iPhoto program? or the iPhoto library?

If you restored an older version of the iPhoto program them simply install your latest version from the disks - either the restore disks that came with your computer or the purchased upgrade disks - remove the iPhoto receipts first

reinstall iPhoto - go to your receipts folder ("Your hard drive" ==> library ==> receipts) and remove any iPhoto receipts and reinstall from the restore disks that came with your computer - do a custom install of bundled software only

For more information <a href="http://www.macworld.com/article/132243/2008/02/pacifist.html"> click here for the MacWorld article on reinstalling OS X applications.</a>

LN

HELP I accidently restored an old version of iphoto (06)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.