Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple computers sharing one iTunes account?

I know this must for a FAQ, but I can't seem to find the answer. I have an iTunes account that I use on my home computer running Vista. I have purchased quite a bit of music online. I want to transfer my purchases from my online iTunes store account to my work Macbook and iPhone. When I login into my iTunes store account on the Mac, I don't see my purchases. How do I access and download them to the Mac so that I can sync them to iPhone?

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 1:44 PM

You need to copy them from one computer to the other yourself, until the just-announced iCloud is up and running (we need iTunes 10.3 which should be available shortly). For now, see

iTunes for Mac: How to copy purchases between computers

iTunes for Windows: How to copy purchases between computers

And if you happen to also own an iPod:

How to use your iPod to move your music to a new computer

Once you have the tracks on some removable medium, you can mount that on your new computer and then just drag the content to the iTunes window. Make sure that the option to "copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" is set in the iTunes -> Advanced preferences before you do.

Alternatively, you can use the Add To Library command and select each track (or folder of tracks).

Regards

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2011 1:44 PM in response to shannonadams

You need to copy them from one computer to the other yourself, until the just-announced iCloud is up and running (we need iTunes 10.3 which should be available shortly). For now, see

iTunes for Mac: How to copy purchases between computers

iTunes for Windows: How to copy purchases between computers

And if you happen to also own an iPod:

How to use your iPod to move your music to a new computer

Once you have the tracks on some removable medium, you can mount that on your new computer and then just drag the content to the iTunes window. Make sure that the option to "copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" is set in the iTunes -> Advanced preferences before you do.

Alternatively, you can use the Add To Library command and select each track (or folder of tracks).

Regards

Multiple computers sharing one iTunes account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.