Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

join tracks, join tracks

I want to join tracks, as per iTunes Help. However, when I select multiple tracks on a CD track list in iTunes, Advanced>Join Tracks remains grayed (unavailable). What am I doing wrong?

Macbook, iMac 24, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 2:46 PM

2 replies

Jun 6, 2011 3:14 PM in response to John Bevan

I went through the archived items re joining tracks and it seems to me that Apple is being disingenuous. The iTunes Help instructions as stated do not work and the only user solution I found that works is to join all the tracks on a CD into one track. (I want to join only certain consecutive tracks and import just those as one track). I imagine Apple has done this to prevent custom mixes. That's Apple's prerogative, but I wish the Help instructions agreed with what is allowed..

join tracks, join tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.