Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 2 iTunes accounts...

Hi,

I have 2 iTunes accounts.

@me.com

@msn.com

I have all my apps in the msn account, but I only want to use the mobileme account. I already tried just changing email address, but when I go into my msn account, I cannot change it to "me" because theres another account wiht that email. So I go into my "me" account and I cannot change the email there. Any suggestions?

iTunes Accounts-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 4:04 PM

5 replies

Jun 6, 2011 9:09 PM in response to hugoceledon

You can not even do this: You have an iTunes account blabla@yahoo.com (you bought a lot of stuff) and you want to change that address to the apple ID bla@me.com (because that yahoo address is full of spams etc) what is never been used as the iTunes account-you can not do it, strange! There is an option but it does not work https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/12/wa/directCallLandi ngIndex?wosid=dUtVb5wJmSr2TctkYMdy0g&localang=en_US it says Apple ID is in use, yes it is but NOT in the iTunes store!!!!

Jun 6, 2011 11:15 PM in response to hugoceledon

As it is right now there is no way for your two accounts to be combined. I, along with many others, are in the same boat. I have posted several times to Apple's old forums about this topic. I have called iTunes account support about this topic. There should be an easy way for those of us who used iTunes before having .Mac/MobileMe/iCloud to merge our purchase history from our old Apple ID (in my case with my Gmail address) to our new Apple ID with .Mac/MobileMe/iCloud. I understand the potential security issue and needing to validate account ownership of both Apple ID's before merging them, however I have confidence in Apple to do this in a secure manor. Login to your iTunes account, under account settings where the current "Change Apple ID" field is have a Merge Apple ID's button. This would bring up a login system for both accounts & use a glyph authentication system like online accounts to prevent bots from attempting to steal purchases. Then have a check box or radio box to select which Apple ID you wanted to keep after the merge. Have a couple "Are you sure" verification messages and warnings that once merged you can't split the accounts again. I wrote many posts about DRM and wanting to be able to re-download your purchased iTunes content incase you computer crashed and you had yet to back it up. At long last we are seeing that finally for music at least. So heres hoping that they continue to listen and manage to give us a way to do this. I have ~410 songs I purchased before I got .Mac and started using that Apple ID for everything. To all those who are in this same boat please post your thoughts and maybe we will see this become reality.

Jun 7, 2011 12:05 AM in response to PopinFRESH

I got this message

Dear MobileMe member,

We'd like to share some exciting news with you about iCloud — Apple’s upcoming cloud service, which stores your content and wirelessly pushes it to your devices. iCloud integrates seamlessly with your apps, so everything happens automatically. Available this fall, iCloud is free for iOS 5 and OS X Lion users.

What does this mean for you as a MobileMe member?

When you sign up for iCloud, you'll be able to keep your MobileMe email address and move your mail, contacts, calendars, and bookmarks to the new service.

Your MobileMe subscription will be automatically extended through June 30, 2012, at no additional charge. After that date, MobileMe will no longer be available.

When iCloud becomes available this fall, we will provide more details and instructions on how to make the move. In the meantime, we encourage you to learn more about iCloud.

Sincerely,

The MobileMe Team

I HOPE that the last article about MOVE will solve our problem. There will be just one ID.

Jun 8, 2011 4:01 PM in response to PopinFRESH

PopinFresh, I feel your pain! I have exactly the same situation. Registered an old hotmail address with my itunes account back in 2004, used it to purchase a stack of music and apps, (Including TomTom). 2 years ago, I signed up for MobileMe and gained a new me.com email address. I have since used it to make further purchases of both apps and music.

Now I am stuck in the same double account nightmare and so many others are. This situations is particularly annoying on the iphone, when app updates appear, I have to sign out of one account and into the other to update, really annoying!

Based on Apple's normally intuitive "It just works" mentality, I thought they'd be a simple way to merge the 2 accounts and move all my purchases to my me.com account, but sadly after much forum searching it appears no-one has had much luck.

This situation is even more pressing with the expected arrival of iCloud and the auto updates on the iphone. I really don't want to have 2 accounts any more!

Apple please come up with a solution to merge 2 itunes accounts...

I have 2 iTunes accounts...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.