Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how edit / delete unwanted stuff from icloud?

As a non US resident I've only yet had a look at "purchased " in the app store.

Our household (like many others) have multiple users and devices. Some apps (ie games with violent content) are not suitable for younger children. This was up until now managed through different profiles when syncing with the Mac.

How is this managed with Icloud?

Other apps are no longer interesting (ie apps downloaded in connection to a music festival or sporting event last year... ). These have been deleted in the itunes library and are no longer found there or on any of our devices . But they all of a sudden reappeared under "purchased" in the app store making it a really long list.

How do I completely remove these?

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 8:29 AM

14 replies

Jun 7, 2011 9:19 AM in response to isysy

isysy wrote:

Keep up the pressure on Apple everyone to fix this ASAP !!

Ps My Iphone is personal, but we also have the family Ipad and individual I pod touches for the kids....

Your using iCloud as a Beta, which means it may have bugs, it is incomplete and doesn't have all features turned on yet.

You can give user feedback in the correct place, but this is not that place to give feedback to Apple.

Jun 7, 2011 2:37 PM in response to stevefromm

The iTunes update states:

What's new in iTunes 10.3

Introducing iTunes in the Cloud beta. The music you purchase in iTunes appears automatically on all your devices. You can also download your past iTunes purchases. Where you want, when you want.

• Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.

• Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music purchases again at no additional cost. Your purchases are available in the iTunes Store on your Mac or in the iTunes app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.

The point that is made in presenting this feature is that even if you delete an application by accident you can get it back as long as it is still availible for sale. Thus not making you pay for an item again. I like that feature. But out of the 432 apps I have purchased (actual number), there are none that I won't admit to getting. The feature to never want to see an app would be a nice option. Suggestions should be made at http://www.apple.com/feedback/ as they do read the submissions!

Oct 11, 2011 12:56 AM in response to ssj300

ssj300 wrote:

iCloud system preferences in the lion beta has options to delete files.

incorrect. You can't delete apps/books/music that once was purchased. Apple keeps the record for an infinite time.

You can only delete mails, iwork data and iOS backups from the icloud in 10.7.2's prefpane. Not appstore or itunes purchases. Impossible.

how edit / delete unwanted stuff from icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.