14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2014 8:21 PM by Eagle2me Branched to a new discussion.
isysy Level 1 Level 1

As a non US resident I've only yet had a look at "purchased " in the app store.

Our household (like many others) have multiple users and devices.  Some apps (ie games with violent content) are not suitable for younger children. This was up until now managed through different profiles when syncing with the Mac.

How is this managed with Icloud?

Other apps are no longer interesting (ie apps downloaded in connection to a music festival or sporting event last year... ).  These have been deleted in the itunes library and are no longer found there or on any of our devices .  But they all of a sudden reappeared under "purchased"  in the app store making it a really long list. 

How do I completely remove these?

• bbfc Level 3 Level 3

There is no way to do it. The easy solution would be to not download them again.

• isysy Level 1 Level 1

Certainly, but I have little control over what the kids do....

Also it's a pain in the neck sorting through endless lists of "trash" looking for the apps I want....

• bbfc Level 3 Level 3

It may be a feature they implement in the future, and to be honest, with all the negativity around it on these forums I suspect that they will.

I don't share my iPhone with anyone else, but I can understand people who share an iPad with the family might want this feature.

• isysy Level 1 Level 1

Keep up the pressure on Apple everyone to fix this ASAP !!

Ps My Iphone is personal, but we also have the family Ipad and individual I pod touches for the kids....

• bbfc Level 3 Level 3

Is it not possible to set-up your kids iPod Touchs' with their own Apple IDs?

• J D Knight III Level 4 Level 4

isysy wrote:

Keep up the pressure on Apple everyone to fix this ASAP !!

Ps My Iphone is personal, but we also have the family Ipad and individual I pod touches for the kids....

Your using iCloud as a Beta, which means it may have bugs, it is incomplete and doesn't have all features turned on yet.

You can give user feedback in the correct place, but this is not that place to give feedback to Apple.

• bbfc Level 3 Level 3

The point people are making is that there is no way to opt-out of the beta.

bbfc wrote:

The point people are making is that there is no way to opt-out of the beta.

You don't install the software. It is not manditory.

Also I suggest setting the restrictions on any device accessed by minors, see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 on setting this up.

• stevefromm Level 1 Level 1

The history list of previously purchased apps is mandatory. You don't have a choice. There was no update you could choose not to install.

I would also like the ability to permanently remove apps. I originally removed them for a reason - that hasn't suddenly changed.

The iTunes update states:

What's new in iTunes 10.3

Introducing iTunes in the Cloud beta. The music you purchase in iTunes appears automatically on all your devices. You can also download your past iTunes purchases. Where you want, when you want.

• Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.

• Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music purchases again at no additional cost. Your purchases are available in the iTunes Store on your Mac or in the iTunes app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.

The point that is made in presenting this feature is that even if you delete an application by accident you can get it back as long as it is still availible for sale. Thus not making you pay for an item again. I like that feature. But out of the 432 apps I have purchased (actual number), there are none that I won't admit to getting. The feature to never want to see an app would be a nice option. Suggestions should be made at http://www.apple.com/feedback/ as they do read the submissions!

• ssj300 Level 1 Level 1

iCloud system preferences in the lion beta has options to delete files.

• Sjazbec Level 4 Level 4

ssj300 wrote:

iCloud system preferences in the lion beta has options to delete files.

incorrect. You can't delete apps/books/music that once was purchased. Apple keeps the record for an infinite time.

You can only delete mails, iwork data  and iOS backups from the icloud in 10.7.2's prefpane. Not appstore or itunes purchases. Impossible.

• Eagle2me Level 1 Level 1

I have stuff on it and I don't even know how it got there!  Can I just get rid of iCloud.  Can't see having it when it's full of stuff I don't want!