Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ordering IPhoto books to Canada

Hi, I've created a book in iPhoto but I can't seem to change the default shipping from US to Canada. It's an updated and registered version of iPhoto 9 using a Canadian Apple ID but it rejects my Postal Code and remains US. Time sensitive birthday present!!

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 9:01 AM

Look in the iPhoto preferences and be sure that the print product country is set to Canada

LN

10 replies

Aug 17, 2016 11:19 AM in response to ilenefromsun city center

Note that the thread you ThreadJacked is over five (5) years old from 2011 - many things have changed since then including the discontinuation of iPhoto support nearly two years ago and the discontinuing of iPhoto print products about six months ago - you can not order any print products form iPhoto anywhere anymore -PrestoPhoto will pirnt iPhoto books -- this is why it is not good to ThreadJack other's threads but much better for you to start your own thread

LN

Dec 7, 2016 3:35 PM in response to dlarocque

Although iPhoto has been replaced by Photos, the core of this issue still applies. I'm replying to this thread since it's the first Google result when people are looking for information about 1) living in US and sending a print product to a friend in Canada or 2) living in Canada and sending a print product to a friend in the US.

Unfortunately the bottom line is it's impossible or very complicated. For some reason Canada and a few other countries (Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the United States) seem to be really special where the ordering options are more limited based on the billing address of the credit card. There's a good Apple help article that explains this - but it's hard to find. Here is the link:

Photos for Mac: Ordering overview

The work-arounds I've thought of for this ordering issue are:

• Use a screen sharing program to have your friend complete the purchase using their iTunes account (and Credit card) within your Photos app.
  • Re-ship the print product after purchasing and shipping into your home country.

Many help articles will mention you can go to Photos > Preferences, change the store, and are able to ship to that country. The key is when changing between countries, the available credit card billing addresses are reduced.

Ordering IPhoto books to Canada

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.