Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If Office 2008 is not compatible with OS Lion

If Office 2008 is not compatible with OS Lion, which no one is quite sure about at this time, should a Entourage 2008 user switch to Mail before updating to Lion? Also, will iPhoto '09 be compatible with Lion or should that be updated to iPhoto '11 before downloading Lion.

The system requirements for Lion are spelled out on Apple's site but there is not enough information about which applications it is and is not compatible with.

iMac 21.5, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Memory 8 GB

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 8:43 AM

I typically wait about six months before upgrading to a new OS. The pain is much reduced that way.

2 replies

Jun 7, 2011 11:46 AM in response to Skiziks

The system requirements for Lion are spelled out on Apple's site but there is not enough information about which applications it is and is not compatible with.

Application compatibility is better discussed with the software manufacturer, as it is up to them to update their software to work with the new OS. IOW, you should try contacting Microsoft regarding Office 2008.

iPhoto is another matter, but until Lion is released, we probably won't know much more about iPhoto 09 compatibility. Being that it's from Apple, IMHO I think it will work. However as Ziatron suggested, the machine where my iPhoto library sits (which is running iPhoto 09,) I will not be upgraded to Lion immediately because of the same concerns as you.

If Office 2008 is not compatible with OS Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.