Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

20 second freeze on wake up

Hi,

my Macbook Pro 2011 13" often freezes for about 20 seconds right after I open the lid. Mouse and keyboard are unresponsive, caps lock light does light up.

If I reboot it doesn't happen for a few times, but then after 3 - 4 times it starts doing it again. Not everytime though, more like 75%. Anybody else expierencing this? Doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me, since it's not happening consistently and the caps lock light still responds.

Macbook Pro 13

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 10:24 AM

Disconnect all devices from your computer when troubleshooting if you have not already done so.

Check your login items. Delete or disable all you do not need or want.

System Preferences>Accounts>Unlock the padlock>Login Items. Lock the padlock when done.

Boot up from your install DVD and run "Repair Disk" from the Utility menu.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2011 10:24 AM in response to PascalWD

Disconnect all devices from your computer when troubleshooting if you have not already done so.

Check your login items. Delete or disable all you do not need or want.

System Preferences>Accounts>Unlock the padlock>Login Items. Lock the padlock when done.

Boot up from your install DVD and run "Repair Disk" from the Utility menu.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jun 20, 2011 3:47 PM in response to PascalWD

I have the exact same issue. I know that it's not the hardware since I am the IT guy and I exchanged it for another identical new macbook pro. 10-20 seconds when I open (wake) the macbook. I have ruled out Firefox as some have suggested on other forums. I did use migration assistant from a 10.5.8 macbook. I'm curious if you used MI also? There are others having this issue. Hopefully an update will cure us!

20 second freeze on wake up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.