Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will locking document sections help lower cpu use

Will locking document sections help lower cpu use?

Same 300+ page document, don't want to work with out full document, TOC, or as Peter suggested , break the work into sections. Pages seems to be working great for now, full TOC, many sections and text boxes all staying put. Still the CPU seems high 45-50% when I type a few letters, then drops back to 2-3%. Will locking text pages or locking text box pages help, and more importantly, why or why not.

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 10:38 AM

6 replies

Jun 7, 2011 11:48 AM in response to Heavy MC

I know the way to lock text boxes but don't know the way to lock a page or a section.

As I wrote several times, it seems that the application's code is awfully designed : it recalculate the entire document after every change. This is why you get the described boring behavior.

When a block is locked, nothing change in it but with such a badly designed tool, we may imagine that even in such case, the code recalculate the objects rendering.

I'm annoyed : I'm unable to retrieve the English word used to name the process converting a document in its displayed image.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) mardi 7 juin 2011 20:48:18

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.7

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

To be the AW6 successor, iWork MUST integrate a TRUE DB, not a list organizer !

Jun 7, 2011 12:21 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Thanks Jerrold but it's not this one (I used it in my message).

It's foolish. I wrote it many times when I worked on the Printer Drivers used by the Apple //gs 😟

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) mardi 7 juin 2011 21:20:59

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

Jun 7, 2011 12:42 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Bingo

I searched in Google for

"convert data into bitmap"

and got it : Rasterize 🙂

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) mardi 7 juin 2011 21:41:45

Will locking document sections help lower cpu use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.