Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing HTML into Pages

Hi,

I have a piece of software that generates reports in HTML format. I need to present these reports to clients. I currently use Open Office to open the html file, copy the content and then paste into a template with all my company info on etc. Can anyone tell me if Pages can do this?

Thanks

Steve

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 12:37 PM

Steve,

Pages won't open HTML files. TextEdit will, as will Safari - both OS X apps that are delivered with your OS.

You can copy from either TextEdit or Safari and Paste into Pages, but you may have to do some experimentation to determine which works best with your code. Some containers don't behave well when pasted into Pages and show up as tables or frames when you would rather have plain text. Paste and Match Style will usually overcome this problem.

Jerry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2011 12:37 PM in response to electrodaddy

Steve,

Pages won't open HTML files. TextEdit will, as will Safari - both OS X apps that are delivered with your OS.

You can copy from either TextEdit or Safari and Paste into Pages, but you may have to do some experimentation to determine which works best with your code. Some containers don't behave well when pasted into Pages and show up as tables or frames when you would rather have plain text. Paste and Match Style will usually overcome this problem.

Jerry

Importing HTML into Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.