Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Several Podcast issues - Explicit Tags, Logo not showing up...

I've been trying for while to figure this out on my own. We are uploading weekly podcast from a talk radio show program:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/sandwich-generation-radio/id412767680

We are entering the podcast thru a WordPress Blog using a Podcasting Widget. However the podcasts are showing up as explicit when they are clearly not. They are entered as clean on the widget, why are they showing up explicity.

Also I've tried to replace the generic cover with our logo as well as the author from unknown and iTunes does not accept these changes.

Please let me know what other links or information I can provide.

Cotell

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 12:32 PM

7 replies

Jun 7, 2011 2:24 PM in response to cotell

iTunes is looking for a feed at

http://feeds.feedburner.com/SandwichGenerationRadioShowWrigglingInTheMiddle

This is not a podcast feed - it's missing a number of vital tags, in addition to which the FeedValidator report throws up a number of serious errors which invalidate even as a non-podcast feed. As a result the Store is not updating and no-one can subscribe to your podcast.

This suggests that you made some change after the latest episode shown on the Store page. Your site links to a feed at

http://www.wrigglinginthemiddle.com/?feed=rss2

The Feedvalidator report for this feed shows up some errors, but this feed can be subscribed to: however it's not the feed registered with the iTunes Store.

It rather looks as if you have submitted an incorrect feed to Feedburner - from the look of it it may be that you've submitted the feed for the blog, not the podcast, but this is something you'll have to investigate.

Jun 7, 2011 10:58 PM in response to cotell

You don't want to 'submit a podcast' in iTunes: that would be a completely new podcast (it might come to that, but hopefully you can avoid it).

If my guess is correct, you are creating the feed in WordPress and submitting it to Feedburner, and evidently have submitted the Feedburner feed to iTunes.

It obviously worked originally or you wouldn't have a Store page. My guess is that at some point you changed the feed you were submitting to Feedburner, hence the problem.

What you should do is to submit

http://www.wrigglinginthemiddle.com/?feed=rss2

to Feedburner. It may take a little time for it to take effect, but when you can click on the 'Subscribe Free' button on the Store page and see your podcast in the 'Podcasts' section of iTunes, with all its episodes and no error message as now, you will know you're OK: the Store page will take a day or two to update.

Jun 8, 2011 3:07 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you, I went into Feedburner and created an account and submitted the feed, I am unsure if that was done in the past (it was over 6 months ago and by someone who is no longer around). Will that make the change or do I need to find out if this was done in the past and 'transfer' the feed? I also attempted to update the plugin in Wordpress with the correct information. Is there anything else I need to do other than keep checking the iTunes store to see if it has been updated?

Jun 8, 2011 3:17 PM in response to cotell

No... you have to submit the feed I mentioned to the existing Feedburner account, which produces the feed which iTunes is looking for.

What happens (AFAIK) is that in the beginning you create a feed. You submit it to Feedburner. Feedburner creates a new version of the feed, adding a lot of it's own tags, and that is what is submitted to iTunes.

You can change the feed which is submitted to Feedburner, and it will issue a revised version of its feed at the same URL, so iTunes will just accept the changes.

What seems to have happened is that you had a valid feed going to Feedburner in the first place: then somehow the blog feed was submitted. Feedburner passed this on to iTunes, but as it's not a podcast feed you have the situation you have now.

So you need to reverse what happened and get Feedburner to take the feed which works. You may have to check in Feedburner's Help pages for the exact method of doing this.

Creating a new Feedburner account create a whole new feed URL so you would have to submit that to iTunes as a new podcast - and it would be rejected because there is already a podcast of that name. Doing this won't correct the problem with the current iTunes Store page and the subscriptions from it.

Jun 8, 2011 3:34 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you for helping,

Unfortunately, I don't know if the last person submitted the feed to Feedburner or if the Wordpress Plug-in used did the job once the information was entered. If it was submitted by the last person to feedburner, I'm at a loss as to how to transfer it to my name without have access to the original account. I did notice that the plug-in had the incorrect feed so I made that change in hopes that that was the issue to begin with.

The feedburner group seems to be empty so I'm looking into the plug-in support group as well.

Several Podcast issues - Explicit Tags, Logo not showing up...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.