Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I rotate the ipad canvas in Xcode 4's Interface Builder to landscape orientation

It comes up in portrait orientation - even though I indicated the app would only use landscape!

Thanks.

Chap

2.4GHz MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 12:46 PM

You can rotate controllers, not Windows/Views.

To do so, select the view in the editor, then use the 'Attributes Inspector' tool/view (4th icon out of the group of 6 along the top) on the right - or use the menu.

Set 'Simulated Metrics/Orientation' to the orientation you wish to use in the editor.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2011 12:46 PM in response to Chap Harrison

You can rotate controllers, not Windows/Views.

To do so, select the view in the editor, then use the 'Attributes Inspector' tool/view (4th icon out of the group of 6 along the top) on the right - or use the menu.

Set 'Simulated Metrics/Orientation' to the orientation you wish to use in the editor.

How do I rotate the ipad canvas in Xcode 4's Interface Builder to landscape orientation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.