Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5: Manually load REMOTE images in HTML emails ...?

I've been clamoring for this feature forever, and Apple finally added it in 3.0.... the ability to NOT download remotely hosted HTML images in emails [mainly to prevent additional spam]..... unfortunately, if you turn off the loading of remote images in your settings, you're unable to load them in manually on a per-email basis.

SO CLOSE!

Does anyone know if this is possible now on iOS 5? Would love it to work like their desktop mail app 🙂

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 2:33 PM

10 replies

Apr 19, 2012 7:17 AM in response to varjak paw

varjak paw wrote:

Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Load Remote Images -> Off

Regards.

Yes that's how you turn it off. Now that you have it off, and an image arrives whose images you want to view, you can't do it. You can turn the setting back on, but then all the other emails whose images you don't want to open, will open, leaving you vulnerable. There should be a button in the mail viewer to load images when viewing an e-mail if this setting is off, just like Mail in OSX. I think it's an oversight.

Sep 20, 2012 1:04 PM in response to JohnWys

Wow, that's great! I had scanned the various iOS 6 change logs for anything about this, but it's apparently too small a change to be mentioned. To me, though, it's one of the better iOS 6 features! :-)

Only thing is, I would have preferred the "load images" button in the top of the message. I mean, it's silly to have to scroll to the bottom of a long message, only to tap the button and the scroll back to the top... :-(

Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day.

iOS 5: Manually load REMOTE images in HTML emails ...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.