Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only part of my purchased music appears under Purchased

I have hundreds of songs purchased via the iTunes store over the past several years, yet only 38 of them appear under the Store Purchased items list. This occurred prior to and after my upgrade to iTune 10.3 (no difference). I haven't checked every single song, but it seems that the songs that appear under Purchased show my current .me email address, while the songs that do not indicate my older Cox or .mac email address (when I Get Info on the songs), although I can't figure why that should make any difference whatsoever (since all of the addresses are linked via my MobileMe and iTunes accounts).

How can I get all of my Purchased items to show up as being Purchased (both within iTunes and on my iPhone)? What might cause this problem?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7), MacMini 2.6 GHz; iTunes 10.3

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 7:02 PM

2 replies

Jun 7, 2011 7:30 PM in response to bbadon

This appears to be true for me, also. I was hoping I'd end up with the list of music that had been purchased on different computers (always under my original Apple ID). But the list (at least so far, perhaps there needs to be some time for it to be up to date?) doesn't include whole albums that I purchased.

Also, I often download the Free weekly tracks. As far as I'm concerned, these were purchases also (I even have $0.00 receipts for them), and would like to see these included.

Maybe we're in too big a rush 🙂

MacBook Pro, MacBook, G4 circa 2000, iTunes 10.3

Oct 16, 2013 10:44 PM in response to bbadon

Not sure if you still need help with this issue but I just figured out what was wrong with my purchase history. I had 800+ songs purchased. Turns out iTunes "hides" a lot of your purcahses. On iTunes on Mac or PC go to your "View Account" through the top left icon thingy (sorry, don't know all the fancy terminology) it's under the "iTunes Store" drop box. Find the thing that says "Hidden Purcahses" or something like that. Click into that and click on the bottom right button that says "Unhide All". It's quite stupid that Apple allows you to "hide" your purchases and it DID IT AUTOMATICALLY!!! *** Apple?!? Anyway, I hope this fixes your problem. It turned out that I had over 400 songs hidden!!! ?!?!? Oh well. It's fixed now. Good luck and I hope I could help. 😀

Only part of my purchased music appears under Purchased

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.