Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you do online classes with an Ipad 2?

I'm thinking of getting an Ipad 2 but I was unsure on whether or not you were able to log onto your online classes and complete them anytime anywhere? Also they have textbooks that you can read in class would you be able to read them on the ipad?

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 7:19 PM

6 replies

Jun 8, 2011 4:24 AM in response to jessicafromnormal

jessicafromnormal wrote:

I figured if anyone else was using it for that reason to see if it was worth buying!

There are probably dozens of ways to do "online classes" over the internet, some will no doubt work with the iPad and some not. The iPad cannot do either Flash or Java, for example. Whether it will work with whatever it is you want to do is something you should check with the organization providing the class.

Jun 8, 2011 5:52 AM in response to jessicafromnormal

I would ask the tech department at your school and/or a classmate who is using an iPad. Another option - go to a store that lets you try the iPad and log into the school website there, see if you can do the online classes.

For the textbooks, it depends on their format. A PDF, certainly. An "ebook" depends on the copyright and digital rights management - you might need a dedicated browser. This is all assuming that your textbooks are available in electronic form, which might not be the case. Again, you'll have to ask at your school.

Can you do online classes with an Ipad 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.