Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway I can download a free bookshelf application (like the ibook app)?

Is there anyway I can download a free bookshelf application (like the ibook app) on my Mac OS X 10.4.11 iBook G4? It's a PowerPC G4 (1.5)

Don't know much about software, but is there an app that i can download that will work on a 10.4.11 (can android apps work on this platform?)

HELP!

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), It has a Power PC G4 (1.5) CPU

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 10:05 PM

3 replies

Jun 15, 2011 4:14 PM in response to BDAqua

Hi, thanks for responding.

All I really want is to get aprogramme on my computer that would show the books I have stored on myharddrive on a bookshelf with thumbnails of the covers (like how iBookdoes on the ipad). I don't have an ipad or any of the newer tablets, iam stuck with my old Mac OS X 10.4.11, which does not allow me todownload the ibooks, or even the newer itunes. So is there any kind offree app or online community where I can store my private bookcollection with that bookshelf interface?

P.S. Upgrading is not an option right now.

Jun 15, 2011 4:59 PM in response to Wynergrl

Well, I haven't seen what the App looks like that you speak of, but you can add Custom Icons to any file or folder, if you think that'd work...

User uploaded file

I made a Folder that had the plain Folder icon, highlighted the Get Info icon in BlueBerry X, copy command, highlighted the Boks folder icon in Get Info, used the Paste command.

Is there anyway I can download a free bookshelf application (like the ibook app)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.