Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I have just upgraded my Aperture from 2 to 3 and cant find a desaturation brush which was amongst the tools in Aperture 2.

Hi, I have just upgraded from Aperture 2 to 3 and cant find the DEsaturation brush which I used to select from Image>Edit in A2 and does not come amongst the brushes from the Photos>Add Adjustment> or Quick Brushes in A3. Does anyone know where to find this essential tool?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 2:34 AM

5 replies

Apr 24, 2013 11:24 PM in response to Mandi B

there is no quick brush that you can do directly from the tools on the top of the screen if you're working in Full Screen mode?

In addition to the "Enhance" sliders that Frank pointed to, I see the "Saturation" in the "Brushes" Drop-down in Full-screen mode.

Only you have to set the amount of saturation first to a low value using the slider in the "Saturation" brick of the adjustment panel.

User uploaded file

You may have to add the "Saturation" brick first to the "Adjustment" tab from "Add Adjustment > Quick Brushes > Saturation"

User uploaded file

To add a "Saturation" brick permanently to your adjustments click the cogwheel in the Saturation brick and enable "Add to Default Set".

You can also save the setting - with the adjustment slider positioned as you want it - as an Effect:

Effects > Save as an effect.

Regards

Léonie

Hi, I have just upgraded my Aperture from 2 to 3 and cant find a desaturation brush which was amongst the tools in Aperture 2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.