Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail

Few weeks ago when I got the MBP, and set up mail, it brought in loads of emails from server via IMAP, now it only has the last 7 days in the Inbox, and I've not deleted any from server. Where have they all gone? Disaster for me, makes no sense,

If... it was set for 7 days on server to conserve space, how do I stop them from disappearing from Inbox after 7 days, or none ever stay in there?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 4:29 AM

20 replies

Jun 17, 2011 5:10 AM in response to the tall

If it's setup as an IMAP account, then your MBP does not control how long you mail stays in your inbox. You need to go to the IMAP Account site and check your server settings there. Your inbox is just a synced image of the IMAP account.

If you need to keep them locally on your Mac, then you need to set up a local folder (mailbox) to store them. You can set a rule to move or copy them to that folder when received or after a set number of days to that folder on your mac.

Jun 17, 2011 5:23 AM in response to Glenn Leblanc

Thanks Glen, but I'm just going backwards and forwards mate, There is nothing on the server to set that, been there, and naturally the server is blaming the Mac. And said the only way they disappear is to go in and physically delete them which of course I'm not doing, they are, somehow, but like I say, the 'sent' items are fine and untouched.

Would setting up an Outlook account as POP on same machine conflict?

Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.