Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPad support a mouse?

I have an iPad2. I would like to use a mouse in conjunction with the iPad2. Are there any good solutions?

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 6:55 AM

22 replies

Jun 8, 2011 11:53 AM in response to wtmfromhouston

WTM,

Philly_Phan is correct, even if a little abrupt.

The iPad iOS is "touch screen." There is nothing for a mouse to move -- there is no cursor.

(Yes, there is/are "insertion points" in search fields and other places where you start typing, but they function different than what a mouse can do.)

Some bluetooth keyboards (apparently, I am told, I haven't checked this out myself) can use the arrow keys to move to an insertion point.

It would seem to me that some users with some physical disabilities could use a mouse better than a finger...maybe Apple will allow the technology in some limited fashion.

Does the iPad support a mouse?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.