Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Assistant Locking Up During Partitioning

I've rebuilt the drive using Diskwarrior (Drive Genius was suggested to defrag it in another thread, DW does the same thing) After rebuilding it, the program locked up still but at least it didn't leave the invisible partition I had to repair with Disk Utility.

I've tried many different sizes, 100GBs, 80GB and 60GBs, all locked up at the same point

I ran hardware test and got this error

4SNS/1/40000000 : TCOD-101.750

Googling the error code got no results, so I'm not sure if it's related or not

Any other ideas before a full wipe? I really want to play Witcher 2 :<

On that note, what qualifies as a bad hdd? I've had this computer for about a year, and a few months ago due to bootcamp not installing and the computer reporting errors Apple wiped my drive and it was fine.... for a few months and now I have issues again

MBP 6,1, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 6:38 PM

1 reply

Jun 9, 2011 4:03 AM in response to Ben.Page

'nuke the drive

punt

you have to backup, reformat the entire drive, and restore.

DW only builds a new directory, period.

There are some hidden GPT and EFI partitions that also have to be free of bad blocks and healthy, but only way to fix those is rebuild the drive via reformat, or in Apple-ese, ERASE. As in "WDxxxxxx" (not "My Computer" volume.

Boot Camp Assistant Locking Up During Partitioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.