Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to open a document via WebDAV on 3G on iPhone I get the error "Copying documents from WebDAV requires an Internet connection."

Just downloaded Pages for iPhone (already an iPad user of the app) and went to load up a WebDAV stored document and I get the error "Copying documents from WebDAV requires an Internet connection."

I have an internet connection that is working (in fact I am tethered to the phone right now typing this) but it refuses to recognise that fact in Pages.

I have tried switching over to a Wi-fi network and same problem.

Help!!

Pages-OTHER, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 7:26 PM

2 replies

Sep 15, 2012 10:46 PM in response to travmason

I have the same problem except that I am using a New iPad, iOS 5.1.1, Pages 1.6.1, and have a good Wi-Fi connection (not 4G).

When I try to copy from WebDAV or copy to WebDAV in either Pages, KeyNote, and Numbers, I get the same message, "Copying documents from WebDAV requires an Internet connection." I do not get the window which allows me to specify my WebDAV server as all of the information that I've found on the Internet says I should get.

I have "Use iCloud" turned on for these APPs, but I've also tried it with it off, but it made no difference. I am able to use the Dropbox APP, Google Drive APP and OverTheAir APP to get files and even upload pics and movies, but can't use the WebDAV feature of these iWork APPs, so I really can't see why this has anything to do with not being able to establish an Internet connection.

Not being able to copy from or to WebDAV sure is going to make sharing files less convenient (i.e. it seems e-mail is my only option to share documents from my iPad to at this point).

It seems this kind of support community is not providing much support since the previous person posted his message over a year ago and has not gotten any answers.

When trying to open a document via WebDAV on 3G on iPhone I get the error "Copying documents from WebDAV requires an Internet connection."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.