Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2009 iMac infamous "black screen"

HALP! I start installing Windows 7 and it runs really smoothly. It completes the installation and then reboots to take me to the set-up screen. Or at least, that's where it's supposed to take me. It gets to "Starting Windows" and then black screens. I've waited about 15 minutes on the black screen to no avail.

I checked out the related support thread http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3173.

I've done everything it says.

I don't know if this is an issue but instead of putting the files on a flash drive I put them on a 120 gig usb drive that I partitioned. But other than those 2 files the hard drive is empty.

Just for giggles I tried to install it on my MBP and it went through flawlessly on the first try. So it's clearly not the Operating System/DVD that is the problem.

Has anyone gone through this before that has a suggestion?

Again, the only thing that may be an issue is instead of using a small thumb drive I'm using a 120 gig usb drive. Any help will be greatly appreciated and rewarded with e-hugs. If you need any more information please ask

Bootcamp-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 10:04 PM

There are no replies.

Late 2009 iMac infamous "black screen"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.