Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to have more than 2 albums on the iPhone?

I have the iPhone 4 and in iTunes under the Photo tab I see the "Sync Photos From ...(folder name)" (Which I have clicked) Then below that there is "All Folders" and "Selected Folders" (Selected folders is grayed out, I cannot click it. I can only click on all Folders) Is it possible to have more than two folders or is that all we are allowed to have? It's quite annoying, I would really like to be able to organize my photos but it is impossible to do when I only have two albums on my phone.. Am I doing something wrong or does everyone have this problem? I've tried googling the problem but I can't seem to find anything on it.

iPhone 4, Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 9, 2011 1:37 AM

4 replies

Jun 9, 2011 2:00 AM in response to leew8372

Ok well, I figured out how to make additional folders and now I have another problem....

I had to make subfolders in the main folder that I was importing photos from...

The problem I have now is that it imported the two subfolders like I wanted, but made a completely new folder that has all of the photos from the two subfolders I selected... So I now have doubles of everything within folders.... ugh..

Jun 9, 2011 2:57 AM in response to leew8372

Are you using a Mac with iPhoto? If so, when you upload pictures from your iphone they create events with the date uploaded. They stay on your phones camera roll unless you select the box when importing to delete them from your phone. You can then create albums following the instructions below.

Create the album, and then add photos to it

Click the Add ➕ button in the bottom-left corner of the iPhoto window, and then click Album in the dialog. Or, you can choose File > New Album instead.

User uploaded file

Type a name for your album and click Create. The album appears in your Source list.

Click Events and then drag entire Events, or photos within one or more Events, to your new album.

NOTE:You can also drag a photo to an album directly from another album, a CD or DVD, or another location on your hard disk.

When you add a photo to an iPhoto album from outside iPhoto, it is automatically imported into your photo library.

When you sync to iTunes the photos pane selection should be checked with these settings.

User uploaded file

Then manually select check the boxes of the albums you want to sync from the list. Remember, if you have not deleted the pictures from you camera roll, they will also show on your phone as duplicates. The camera roll is like a giant roll of film. It is not a photo album.

Mar 5, 2014 1:11 PM in response to leew8372

I have the same questions.

In my iPhone, is it possible to sync more than 1 folder and it's subfolders containing pics? I have one folder with my work pics and subfolders in it, and another one with personal pics also containing sub-folders. But I have the impression I can only select 1 folder and all its subfolders to be synced.

I think if I'd select the second folder with my personal pics, it would delete the first folder again with my work pics.

And then indeed, it seems like the iphone also creates and shows a folder named Photo Library where it has all the pics whatever subfolders arrangements just one after the other. I this a double use of memory? I wouldn't know.

Is it possible to have more than 2 albums on the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.