Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to show inboxs for multiple users?

I recently have started using the Mail App on my iMac. I was using my company's OWA as my standard mail program but I found the Mac mail easier to use. But... In my OWA it was possible for me to have multiple accounts and inboxs from the same server (exchange 2007) and after I had set up my mac mail with my primary exchange account, I couldn't send or recieve from my other accounts. Then I saw that I could type in more e-mail addresses in the Account setup and now it is possible for me to send fromthese accounts.

But still.. I can't see the incoming mails for these accounts. Anybody who knows how to setup mac mail app so I can see the incoming mails for ohter users than my primary?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2.66 GHz intel Core i5, 4 GB 1067 M

Posted on Jun 9, 2011 5:37 AM

4 replies

Jun 9, 2011 8:15 AM in response to pjbramsted

If you have multiple mail accounts set up, all incoming mail should appear combined in the Inbox. If you want to see mail organized by account, though, you should see a disclosure triangle to the left of the Inbox.

User uploaded file

Click that and it will show you separate Inboxes for each of your mail accounts.

Regards.

Message was edited by: Dave Sawyer; uploaded better image.

Aug 20, 2011 12:56 PM in response to varjak paw

I've found the same problem in OS X Lion, with Mail, iCal and Address Book getting confused when two Exchange accounts on the same server are configured, resulting in either missing or duplicate entries (despite everything appearing fine when accessing the accounts individually via Outlook or OWA). iOS doesn't have any problem with this setup; two Exchange accounts on the same server work perfectly; the issue seems specific to Mac OS X.

After some experimentation I've found a workaround. Since the issue crops up with two Exchange accounts on the same server, it seems possible to trick OS X into thinking the accounts are on two separate servers through a little DNS manipulation (which I realize may not be a practical option for everyone). Here's what resolved the issue for me:

• My external and internal DNS FQDNs for the mail server were mail.mydomain.com.
  • I set up a new DNS entry - mail2.mydomain.com - as a CNAME for mail.mydomain.com.
  • On my Mac, I set up Exchange account #1 with the server set to mail.mydomain.com.
  • I then set up Exchange account #2 with the server set to mail2.mydomain.com.

Even though both FQDNs resolve to the same IP, this seems sufficient for Mac OS X to consider them as separate servers, elliminating the problems I had before when I set both Exchange accounts to the same mail server FQDN.

I've only tried this on OS X 10.7 Lion, and the recent 10.7.1 update, although I wouldn't be surprised if the same trick works for earlier versions of OS X.

How to show inboxs for multiple users?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.