Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

please how can i delete apps from my purchased history ?

Posted on Jun 9, 2011 6:05 AM

14 replies

Jun 9, 2011 7:34 AM in response to hessafromriyadh

Hi hassafromriyadh,

As discussed in many posts:

Short version: You can't

Long version: No you really can't. The purchase history is just that - a list of things you have purchased, not an inventory of what you are currently using. This may change later but not yet (and yes I know it's annoying that it lists all the stuff you deleted as well but that's the way it works at the moment.)

Regards,

Shawn

Jun 9, 2011 7:39 AM in response to hessafromriyadh

On your ipod, you can delete them from the device by holding down on them unitl they wiggle and then deleting. The only other way is to go on itunes at the apps page and click on them then press the delete button on your key board. If it asks if your want to keep the saved files or recycle, you press recycle if you don't want the app any longer.

Jun 10, 2011 3:06 PM in response to hessafromriyadh

Apple Shouldn't be able to do this, at least give us THE CUSTOMER the chance to re delete our apps that we longer want. It's stupid apple is infringing our rights we have as a paying customer to keep deleted apps in our history. Um hello we DELETED them for a reason and now there still showing up. ***!?!? This is dumb and I'm ****** cause I did like apple and all they did but now with this problem I don't want to buy any more of their products or keep my iPhone. They need to fix this problem THAT THEY HAVE CREATED. I'm very frustrated and annoyed by apple for going through with this. That's like keeping a history of every past girlfriend I've had for me and who ever to see that checks under my past purchases. FIX THIS APPLE OR AT LEAST GIVE US A F***ing OPTION TO HIDE OR DELETE THEM AGAIN.

Jun 10, 2011 3:40 PM in response to NWsonic

NWsonic wrote:

FIX THIS APPLE OR AT LEAST GIVE US A F***ing OPTION TO HIDE OR DELETE THEM AGAIN.

Your purchase history exactly what the phrase implies - the history of all of your purchases. If you have something to hide you do have the F***ing option to hide your purchases. All you have to do is log out of your iTunes account. That's it. That simple. Just log out of your account. What is the big deal in that.

Please don't hand me the privacy crap. First of all the iPad, iPod and iPhone were always intended to be single user devices. That's why you can't add another user account to the device like you can on a computer. If you want to leave your iDevice sitting around where anyone can get their hands on it, lock it with a passcode and log out of your iTunes account. If you share your computer you can do the same thing - log out of your iTunes account.

Do you leave your email account open all day on your PC and walk away from it? I doubt it. You read your mail and close the email client. It is protected from view by a user name and a password - JUST LIKE THE ITUNES STORE.

Would you leave your online bank statement open all day on your PC or your iPad, or iPhone, walk away from it and let anybody that walks by see it. I doubt it. You probably log out - JUST LIKE THE ITUNES STORE.

Apple is not infringing on your rights by giving you a list of all the apps that you have purchased. They are doing you a service by making it accessible to you from any computer or any of your iDevices when you LOG INTO YOUR ITUNES ACCOUNT. Remember - you have a choice in this. LOG OUT!

There is one thing that most of the moaners and whiners haven't considered regarding this whole purchase history thing and that is this.... your purchase history is a list of documented sales transactions in the iTunes Store. And as a small business owner, to the best of my knowledge - you CANNOT delete sales records for any number of reasons from an accounting and tax implication standpoint. Apple can't just "undo" a sales transaction because some pervert bought a kinky video that he is afraid his wife will see, or because you purchased some kiddie app and you are afraid your hard azz buddies will never let you live it down. Your purchase history is legal documentation and can't be deleted. Apple doesn't care if you deleted the apps - thats up to you - but they can not adjust sales records because you have something to hide, are ashamed of or don't want your mommy to know about.

One last time - if you don't want anybody to see your purchase history - that includes your own eyes - LOG OUT OF YOUR ITUNES ACCOUNT!!!

Jun 10, 2011 4:09 PM in response to hessafromriyadh

It is a big deal when you share your phone with your family. My daughter plays games and watches videos on mine. She is also allowed to download free games. For that she uses the same password that now, out of the blue, with no warning, shows everything I've downloaded in the past.

It's also not showing just "purchases". It's showing FREE items, which is different than something paid for, which I understand the need for a record of.

And I don't care if Apple keeps a record. I just don't need it so publicly accessible. And if I choose to delete the record, than just like throwing away a receipt, than I have no real basis to complain after the purchase.

It just doesn't seem very well thought through on Apple's part.

-S

Oct 11, 2011 5:18 PM in response to hessafromriyadh

This is now possible in iTunes 10.5. Here's how you do it:

1. Upgrade your version of iTunes to 10.5 (released October 11, 2011).

2. Click on iTunes Store in the lefthand column of iTunes and log in to your account.

3. Find "Purchased" in the Quick Links menu on the right hand side of the Store home page. Click on it.

4. You should see a list of your downloaded apps on the screen. Mouse over any app that you wish to delete. A small "x" in a round circle will appear in the top left corner of the app icon. Click the "x".

5. A notification will pop up telling you that your purchased app will now be hidden and how you can un-hide it in the future. Click OK. The app will disappear from your purchase history in iTunes and all associated iOS devices instantly. Verify this on your iOS device by navigating to your purchase history in the App Store.

Enjoy, and thanks Apple for listening to your customers!

Sep 24, 2013 7:03 AM in response to liztor33

You are right, this is really annoying as all the hidden apps now reappeared on the list since I started to download apps. Now I have a useless long list of crappy apps and games that certainly will not download again.

Let's see if they release patches to this issue as they are going backwards.

With iOS 5 you could hide apps directly on the device, with iOS 6 was restricted to do it just through iTunes. Now it is not possible anymore.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.