Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie can't see ALL photo contents of Aperture projects. Why?

What do I have to do to make iMovie see ALL of the photos in an Aperature project instead of just the unedited ones? I have approx 230 but just half of them show up in iMovie media browser. Doesn't say much for 'seamless integration'. I've tried 'repreocessing masters' (which doesn't sound like it's going to affect the versions, in any case) and I've updating previews. Neither has made any difference.

As of now, I'm glad this is a 30-day trial and, without any kind of clear instructions from Apple on how this simple and obvious task should be performed, I have to say I'm less than bowled over by the idea of 'upgrading' from iPhoto.

any suggestions or advice greatly welcome.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jun 9, 2011 1:39 PM

6 replies

Aug 20, 2013 8:56 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Hi there Frank,

So, I've tried the Preference thing (it was already unset for "Automatically stack new versions" in Aperture).

I've also tried deleting (per some other threads) the com.iMovieApp.plist as well as the com.apple.iApps.plist.

Even now, I can see some of my photos, but not all of them in an Album that I created in Aperture.

The photos that I cannot see were taken with the same camera (and thus all the same metadata) as other photos that I can see. I have not changed the names of the photos (per another thread that said to take out the "&").

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks much!

iMovie can't see ALL photo contents of Aperture projects. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.