Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midipipe screwed up my midi device in garage band

i downloaded the program 'midipipe' because i was having problems with mapping my roland td10 to garageband's midi presets. i opened midipipe, was attempting to follow these instructions (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/369702?answerId=1781708022#1781708022&messageID=1781708) on changing the mapping, i got to about step 3 or so after making the input and clicking "hijack" and putting midi input, key mapper, key mapper, didnt save the project and exited out of the program, and then garage band wouldnt recognize my midi device any more.

when i would open midipipe while GB was open it would say "now detecting two midi devices" or something and then after i reopened midipipe GB said it only recognized one midi device and it was the midipipe program only. midipipe stopped recognizing the midi device in the input but not in the output. GB does not recognize hits from the roland td 10 at all but it shouldnt have changed where the midi was on the keyroll because i never saved any preset. help and answers please!

GarageBand '09, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 9, 2011 5:19 PM

11 replies

Jun 9, 2011 11:55 PM in response to alanfromtoronto

I hope you get an answer because the same thing happened to me trying to use Midipipe to correct for nonstandard MIDI mapping coming from a Yamaha DTexplorer drumkit. Before Midipipe the MIDI drum sounds were there in GB and could be recorded (but they were incorrect), after Midipipe there are no sounds or signals at all. Garageband sees the MIDI device but doesn't record or process anything. I took the Macbook and Focusrite Saffire 6 usb interface to the Apple store for a one on one session and they deleted and then reinstalled the Focusrite and Midipipe software but it still doesn't work.

Jul 21, 2011 2:04 PM in response to alanfromtoronto

Hi again, I'm back. I should have given more detail about my problem. Here's the link to the question I posted on thie Garageband help forum. So far, no answers. I wish everyone luck.

My request for help was entitled "Please help:Midipipe no longer works after Garageband/iMac upgrades", and the link to my help request is:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3172283?answerId=15655696022#15655696022

Midipipe screwed up my midi device in garage band

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.